September

Re: When will Taylor Sirard start making blog posts again?

camera and journal
[Image: A camera and a journal sit on fabric. The journal's cover is a colorful map design.]


Good news, after a much-needed break, WITS will be back in September! I greatly appreciate your patience while I took some time to focus on my mental health. Here are some things I learned while on hiatus:
  1. Creation is a marathon, not a sprint.
  2. Over-working myself is not sustainable.
  3. Panic attacks are serious, visceral, and terrifying.
  4. When my mental health is poor, so is my writing.
Needless to say, while taking a step back, I had to re-orient my priorities. I needed to remind myself that there are things in my life that come before this blog. That being said, I have missed writing for WITS so much over the past two months. How I approach the making of this blog needs some adjustment. There are a few ways I could do this and I have detailed my ideas below.

Option 1: Travel and How is Taylor Sirard?
Each month I will post one blog post in the usual style, and the other post will fall under the 'How is Taylor Sirard' category. The later post will detail my current mental health journey.  

Option 2: One Post per Month
This would be a simple reduction in post frequency, everything else stays the same.

Option 3: Blog and Vlog
Each month I will post one blog post and one freestyle vlog. This second part is where I talk at a camera and act out my dream of being a YouTuber. Topics may include traveling or whatever else is on my mind.

Option 4: Virtual vs Real: Diary Edition
One regular blog post and one excerpt from my real, handwritten travel-diary.

All of these options really excite me, so I've asked for some help deciding. Over on my Patreon is a poll of the options listed. Any patron can cast a vote and help decide the future of WITS. So, if you are a patron, head over here to vote. If you would like to vote but are not yet a patron, you can get access to the poll for any pledge of one dollar or more. You can become a patron by clicking here.

Thank you all for your support! I am thrilled to be back.

Comments